Step 1 – Complete Interest Card below
Step 2 – Apply through the City of Toledo
Application for Firefighter with the City of Toledo, click – HERE
Step 3 – Apply & Schedule to take exam through National Testing Network
Click www.nationaltestingnetwork.com select “Firefighter” and sign up for the Toledo Fire & Rescue Department.
Step 4 – Take Test
Testing window – June 1, 2021 through September 1, 2021
TFRD recruitment and examination timeline (subject to change):
- Examination process has been extended through August 15, 2020. Note: Testing must be completed by August 15, 2020.
- Firefighter Mile physical agility exam is currently OPEN for scheduling.
- Dates for background checks, interviews, and medical assessments have not been determined yet. Continue to check your email and website for updates.
- Fire Class of 294: Estimated start date: March 2021 (subject to change). Class size: to be determined).
The Toledo Fire & Rescue Department offer full testing services for the position of Firefighter through National Testing Network, Inc.
Candidates MUST apply and schedule an exam at www.nationaltestingnetwork.com select “Firefighter” and sign up for the Toledo Fire & Rescue Department.
Candidates MUST complete an Application for Firefighter with the City of Toledo, click – HERE
The TFRD Recruitment Team is currently available to answer questions. Please call 419-245-3160 or 419-245-3161 or email email@example.com with your questions or to schedule an appointment.
NOTE: All the information contained on this page pertaining to the hiring and testing process for the Toledo Fire & Rescue Department, including specific dates, are subject to change.
The tentative timeline for the Toledo Fire Recruit Class #294.
- Examination process open now through August 15, 2020. Test must be complete by August 15, 2020. (Written examination is now closed)
- Examination results and eligibility list will be established upon completion of testing.
- Firefighter Mile physical agility exam is currently open for scheduling. An end date has yet to be determined.
- Background checks begin after eligibility list is established.
- Background check results will be made available upon completion.
- Background appeals process: Dates will be published when established.
- Interview process: Dates will be published when established.
- Candidate medical assessments: Dates will be published when established.
- Fire Class of 294: Estimated start date: April 2021 (subject to change). Class size: to be determined).
Salary and benefits for the Toledo & Fire Rescue Department members.
- Trainee salary of $21.625 an hour.
- Probationary salary of $23.172 an hour
- After 2 years of service salary of $27.805 an hour.
- After 3 years of service (full rate) salary of $29.992 an hour.
- Family medical insurance plan.
- Dental plan.
- Clothing and travel allowance.
- Educational reimbursement program.
- Paid holidays.
- Police/Fire pension plan.
- Deferred compensation and 401K option plans.
- Safety stipends.
- Sick time and maternity/paternity leave.
- Promotional opportunities.
- Military service benefits.
What to expect at the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
-Completion of the application process
-Review all information related to the Toledo Fire and Rescue Department Fire Fighter position, including minimum requirements, salary and benefits.
-Detailed information about the testing process for both the entry level test and the Firefighter Mile (FFM)*.
-Opportunity to take online practice tests at www.fireteamtest.com.
-Schedule your own convenient test time. Tests are offered multiple times a week, including Saturdays.
-Take high quality job simulation tests in a standardized, fair testing environment.
Upon completion of the entry level exam and FFM testing, all candidate scores are automatically forwarded to the City of Toledo. Candidates who attain a passing score on the entry level exam will be placed on the department’s eligibility list. City of Toledo will contact candidates on the list and will invite them to continue to participate in other stages of the department selection process.
National Testing Network is a service provided to conduct entry level testing and FFM testing in a standardized, professional environment. National Testing Network does not replace the Toledo Fire and Rescue Department’s responsibility and decision making in the testing process. All candidate results are provided to the Toledo Fire and Rescue Department where the final decisions are made.
*The Firefighter Mile (FFM) is a physical ability test for firefighters. It is designed to evaluate entry level firefighter candidates on the essential physical capabilities required to satisfactorily perform their job duties. The FFM consists of 10 events designed to simulate critical, physically demanding tasks faced by firefighters during an emergency.
Minimum Age: Applicant must be at least 18 years of age upon appointment
Maximum Age: Applicant cannot be 40 years of age or older at the final closing date for the Civil Service examinati
Must possess a valid driver’s license and high school diploma (or GED tests equivalency) at the time of appointment
Questions? Please contact the Toledo Fire & Rescue Department Office of Recruitment at 419-245-3161 or 419-245-3160.
Recruitment Office Location:
5023 North Summit St
Toledo, Ohio 43611
(Entrance and parking off 117th St)