The year was 1899, Thomas R. Cook was the Fire Chief, and Station 15 was opened on Wayne Street, near Gibbons, with no street numbers given.
The last horse used on the department retired from Station 15 on August 12, 1916. The Toledo Fire & Rescue Department was now completely motorized.
In 1922, Station 15 was moved from Wayne & Gibbons, to Fearing Blvd., near Airline Avenue.
In 1935, Station 15 was one of several stations that were closed, but, opened once again in 1937.
On August 1, 1953, 15 Ladder was placed into service.
April 1, 1969, Station 15 was one of five stations to place into service 2-man emergency units.
In January of 2011, Station 15 was reopened in the Village of Ottawa Hills. This was done as part of an agreement between the City of Toledo and the Village of Ottawa Hills for the Toledo Fire & Rescue Department to provide fire and E.M.S. service to the Village of Ottawa Hills. The Ottawa Hills station was reopened as Toledo Fire & Rescue Station 15.