Under the administration of Fire Chief William F. Mayo, Fire Station 17 was constructed at Detroit and Glenwood Avenues in 1908. Various apparatus have been in service at station 17, and in 1953, 17’s Ladder was moved to station 4, while District Chief 7 was moved into Fire Station 17.

In 1981, Fire Station 17 was moved to 1041 West Central Avenue where it is active today.

Captain Allison Armstrong

Captain Allison Armstrong was appointed to the Toledo Fire & Rescue Department on July 21, 2000. Promotion to Lieutenant was in 2010, then to Captain in 2011. Captain Armstrong earned her E.M.T.-Paramedic Certification in May of 2008.

Captain Armstrong holds an Associate’s of Science Degree in Nursing from Owens Community College and is a Registered Nurse. Captain Armstrong is a State of Ohio Certified Fire Safety Inspector, and a Fire Service Instructor. She is also a member of the federally deployable Ohio-1 Disaster Medical Assistance Team based out of Toledo, Ohio which provides medical treatment to those affected by disasters.