In 1935, Fred T. Schlorf was appointed Fire Chief, the population of the United States was 132,122,446, and the City of Toledo was growing. On July 16, 1940, through annexation, Toledo Fire & Rescue, then, the Toledo Fire Department opened Fire Station 24. The site was Summit Street and 114th Street, former station of Washington Township volunteers.

Under Fire Chief Michael Bell, on August 31, 1997, a new Station 24 was opened at 5023 North Summit Street, in Point Place.

Captain Cary Garnett

Captain Garnett was appointed to the Toledo Fire & Rescue Department in March of 1996. In June of 1999 Captain Garnett earned his E.M.T. – Paramedic certification. He was promoted to Lieutenant in 2004, and promotion to Captain followed in December of 2007.

Captain Garnett holds a Bachelors of Science in Business Management from Indiana University, and has training as a Hazardous Materials Technician.

Prior to becoming House Captain of Station 24 Captain Garnett served assignments at Stations 3 and 9.