In the City of Toledo, the last year of volunteer fire department was in 1866. This is also the year Station 7 was opened at Franklin & Bancroft housing one Seagrave Hook & Ladder, and one four wheel hose carriage.
In 1873, a new Station 7 was erected at Bancroft & Franklin. This station replaced the original station.
On October 31, 1969, Station 7 was replaced with the station that stands today. Through the years various apparatus assignments have see action at Station 7, from ladder trucks to heavy squads.