The department’s newest station is located at 3435 Chase Street.
The ground breaking ceremony for Fire Station 12 was held on September 5, 2013. The cost of construction was approximately $3,900,00.00 with funding from the city of Toledo, Capital Improvement Planning Budget. The city partnered with The Collaborative, Inc. and Midwest Contracting, Inc. for the station project.
With the opening of station 12, the department increases the number of stations serving our great city to 19 fire stations.
Fire Station 12 first opened at Summit and Cleveland Streets in June of 1899. It served from that location until December 26, 1967, when the crew and equipment was moved to 3530 Suder Avenue. That station was opened until June 19, 1980, when it was closed due to budget constraints and never replaced.
This new station features just over 13,000 square feet, three drive-through apparatus bays, a dedicated training room, and a training tower which allows for various rope rescue training scenarios.