This reconstruction will add 7,000 square feet to the existing station and overall is a $2.83 million capital improvement investment for the city of Toledo.
The new station will have a separate apparatus bay, dual purpose lounge area/training room, and modern kitchen.
Station 3 went into service in July of 1927 and has seen various apparatus serve the community from this location. The station did undergo a remodel in the 1990’s, but was closed in September of 2012 when significant cracks were found in the apparatus bay floor.
Station 3 currently houses one engine, which is operating out of station 13 on Front St. in east Toledo.