Louis H. Elling was appointed Fire Chief in 1915. Approximately 6 years later, Fire Station 19 was constructed at the corner of Stickney and Ketchum Avenues. For budgetary reasons in 1935, station 19 was closed until August 16, 1938, when it was reopened, under the administration of Fire Chief Fred T. Schlorf.

In 1965, under Fire Chief Arnold Papenhagen, Station 19, at Stickney and Ketchum Avenues, was closed and moved to its current location at 4257 Stickney Avenue across from what was then the Kaiser Automotive Plant, and  now, Chrylser Automotive.

Captain

Captain