Records from 1858 show that Station No. 5 was on St. Clair Street, with no street numbers given at that time.
In the year 1866, the last year of volunteer fire service in Toledo, Station No. 5 was located at Broadway & Logan housing a LaFrance Engine and a Muskegon Hose Wagon. The LaFrance Engine was eventually replaced in 1896 with a Clapp & Jones Engine.
On April 17, 1968, Station 5 at Broadway & Logan closed with the new Station 5 built at Ontario & Washington. This new station housed 5 Pumper, 5 Ladder, and 8 Pumper with the closing of Station 8.