Early records show that Station 6 began serving the City of Toledo in 1858 on the north side of Summit Street between LaGrange & Elm, with no street numbers given.
In 1866, the last year of volunteer service, Station 6 found her home in East Toledo at Starr & Euclid Streets.
This station was replaced in 1895 and relocated to Starr & Main, then to 642 Starr in 1951, and, eventually to 1155 Oak Street in 2012.
While at Main & Starr, Station 6 housed one Silsby Steam Engine, one Milburn Hose Wagon, one Champion Chemical Wagon, and one Seagrave Hook & Ladder.
Today, Station 6 houses Engine 6, Rescue Transport 6, Life Squad 2, and Battalion Chief 1.